Copyright Infringement Policy
必威betway官网 (“必威betway官网 ”) has adopted this Copyright Infringement Policy (this “Policy”) in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
1. Infringement Policy. 必威betway官网 will disable access to or remove text, images, video, and other material (“Content”) posted on 必威betway官网 ’s Point of View (P.O.V.) Blog (the “Blog”) that it believes in good faith is infringing a copyrighted work. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that infringes your copyright, please follow the requirements set forth in this Policy to provide notice of the alleged infringement to 必威betway官网 . 必威betway官网 will respond to clear notices of alleged infringement that substantially comply with the requirements in this Policy.
必威betway官网 does not act as an arbiter or judge of disputes about intellectual property rights. By disabling access to or removing Content, as a prudential matter, 必威betway官网 is not endorsing or validating a claim of infringement. If 必威betway官网 disables access to or removes Content from the Blog, 必威betway官网 will make a good-faith attempt to contact the party responsible for posting the Content so the owner may make a counter-notification, as provided for below.
2. Designated Agent. 必威betway官网 has a Designated Agent to handle copyright infringement notices and counter-notifications:
Attn: DMCA Agent
Address: P.O. Box 83095, Portland, OR 97283-0095, U.S.A.
E-mail: [email protected]
Toll free: 1-800-547-9471 (United States and Canada only)
3. Infringement Notification. If you believe your work has been posted or otherwise used on the Blog in a manner that infringes your copyright, you must provide written notification of such to 必威betway官网 ’s Designated Agent via mail, e-mail, and/or fax. You may be liable for damages, attorneys’ fees, and/or costs if you materially misrepresent that your work has been infringed by Content on the Blog. If you are unsure whether your work has been infringed, we recommend that you contact an attorney before sending notice to our Designated Agent.
Your written notification must:
(a) Identify in sufficient detail your copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed;
(b) Identify all Content on the Blog that you believe infringes your work, describe how the Content infringes your work, and describe where the Content is located on the Blog with sufficient detail so that 必威betway官网 can verify its existence and remove it if 必威betway官网 believes in good faith that it infringes. If the allegedly-infringing Content is located in more than one place on the Blog, identify each location;
(c) Include your full name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
(d) Include a statement that, under the penalty of perjury, you have a good-faith belief that use of the Content in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
(e) Include a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under the penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; and
(f) Contain your physical or electronic signature. It will also help if you include a copy of the copyright Certificate of Registration for your work or other information that supports your claim that the work is protected by copyright and that you are the owner of that copyright.
4. Review of Infringement Notices. After review of a proper infringement notice, if 必威betway官网 has a good-faith belief that the Content is infringing your copyright, 必威betway官网 will remove or disable access to the infringing Content.
5. Counter Notification. The provider of affected Content may make a counter notification. To file a counter notification, you must provide written notification to our Designated Agent via mail, e-mail, and/or fax. You may be liable for damages, attorneys’ fees, and/or costs if you materially misrepresent that your Content is not infringing the copyright of a third party. If you are unsure whether your Content infringes the work of a third party, we recommend that you contact an attorney before sending notice to our Designated Agent.
Your written notification must:
(a) Identify the Content that has been removed or to which access was disabled, including a description of each place where the Content was located on the Blog before it was removed or before access to it was disabled;
(b) Provide your full name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
(c) Include a statement that, under the penalty of perjury, you have a good-faith belief that the Content was removed or blocked as a result of mistake or misidentification of the Content to be removed or blocked;
(d) Include a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or, if your address is outside the United States, in the District Court of Oregon, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement or an agent of such person; and
(e) Contain your physical or electronic signature.
6. Review of Counter Notification. After review of a proper counter-notification, 必威betway官网 may determine that the Content is not infringing and may reinstate the Content or access to the Content on the Blog.
7. Repeat Infringement. 必威betway官网 will, if appropriate, suspend or terminate repeat infringers’ access to the Blog. If you believe a Blog user is a repeat infringer, please follow the instructions above and provide sufficient information so 必威betway官网 can verify that the user is a repeat infringer.